1) Access to Justice Network
Their Resource Centre includes classroom materials, lesson plans and teacher guides.
2) Canadian Legal Information Institute
To find various court decisions and federal and provincial statutes and regulations.
3) Consolidated Statutes & Regulations of Canada
4) Department of Justice Canada
Child Support, Parenting after Divorce, and Youth Justice Sites all contain legal information that can be downloaded.
5) Manitoba Government Publications
Manitoba Statutes and Regulations on-line.
6) University of Manitoba – Faculty of Law
Information for prospective students seeking admission to Law School.
7) Manitoba Courts
Information about the courts in Manitoba and court process as well as a glossary of legal terms.
8) Supreme Court of Canada
Products available to order or download: Supreme Court of Canada brochure, Pamphlet, Poster, Youth Activity Book, Educational Kit.
9) Parliament of Canada
Various educational programs and resources classroom activities and background resources for teachers, including grade specific programs and products for teachers and students and a teacher kit that can be ordered.
10) Legislative Assembly of Manitoba
Bills information on how laws are made.
11) Community Legal Education Association
Law FAQ’s on Commercial/Corporate Law, Consumer Protection/Small Claims, Criminal Law, Domestic Violence, Family Law, Landlord & Tenant, Legal Aid Neighbours, Wills & Estates, Youth Criminal Justice. Also variety of legal publications that can be ordered or downloaded.
12) Try Judging
Interactive Website containing 5 channels: Why do we need judges? Why must judges be fair and impartial? What is the judge’s role in the justice system? How do judges make decisions? Why are judicial independence and judicial impartiality so important?
13) Public Legal Education Association of Saskatchewan
Youth and Schools site has information for both teachers and students.
14) Legal Information Society of Nova Scotia
Youth and the Law site has information for students, parents and teachers.
15) Justice Education Society
Explore the YCJA site.
16) Ontario Justice Education Network